People learning about the term airsoft the first time, often ask what airsoft is. The term airsoft refers to the airsoft guns which are the exact replicas or lookalikes of real war guns, and are used for the airsoft gun shooting recreational games and sports. These guns are used in a simple way for shooting plastic pellet, which is not harmful at all for humans. With these guns, people play casual war games and does shooting practices. And their use is allowed for anyone of any age. Means even minors can indulge in the gameplay of airsoft guns without any trouble or threat. Their mimicking look of real weapons with a safe mechanism makes them a much-preferred gaming tool.
What is airsoft – facts
Here are some interesting facts about the airsoft guns, which would help you figure out what is airsoft.
- The projectiles shot by airsoft guns are 6 and 8 mm in diameter.
- The operating principle of the weapons varies from model to model. Models vary and found in spring-loaded form, gas-powered form, and electric or battery-powered form.
- The airsoft guns produced in Japan are governed explicitly by special rules for their metal parts.
- The new models of the airsoft guns made in Taiwan and China are made of all metal parts both internally and externally.
- Originally, the typical airsoft guns are made lightweight. But to add a more realistic feel to look and use etc., steel made guns are also manufactured which are more substantial than the typical ones.
- Some of the items added to airsoft guns to give them a more realistic feel and look are noise amplifiers, smoke caps, etc.
- Gas-Powered magazines can contain 10-30 pellets. In some advanced models, the capacity may go up to 50 bullets and even more.
- The AEG rifle magazines vary in size. They may be low, medium, standard or high. The high capacity may go up to 190 plus rounds.
- Some spring-loaded airsoft guns make a rattling noise while you move with it in hand. This happens because the magazine has a ratchet wheel to pull the pellets from the holder to the chute. And after this, the loose granules in the chute makes this noise.
- There are some airsoft guns can hold pellets in thousands. They have a drum magazine which is battery–powered.
- One can make DIY changes in their airsoft gun with a little knowledge of the tech stuff.
- Airsoft guns also come with the hop-up system. This adds an extra range to the pellets by adding backspin to them.
- Another effect, the Magnus effect helps lift the pellets while shooting, and this helps counteract the force of gravity.
- The bullet in most of the guns are white, and in some, they are black to create an invisible effect. In some firearms, even phosphorescent pellets are also used.
- Normal pellets come in bags in quantities of 2000 to 5000 pellets per pack. However, pellets for tournaments come in 65kg bags too.
These are some of the simplest facts about the airsoft guns, which would give you a clear idea of what is airsoft, so that you may move up to the next level to explore them. For more information regarding airsoft please visit https://www.kingkongairsoft.com